Wednesday, July 26, 2006

In short my week has consisted of redberry bible camp - camping at sturgeon lake (which is beautiful and I would say that everyone should go spend a week-end there!) - tea time at appleby - surprise b-day part for mom - visiting with family and friends - and kids club... It's been a wonderful week...

And to top it all off I ended up at the garden with friend Erica picking some of the harvest from our small little garden plot. How great it is to see vegetables on the plants that just a couple months ago were seed. I'm fascinated and have a new love for farmers and the food we eat...

A few thoughts have been swirling around my head. How can people live lives that are so hard. I remember a couple of years ago I told Amy I was going to do a photography book called 'Resiliency of the Human Soul' and lately I've been thinking about that phrase. I watched the news tonight and my heart ached for what's happening in Lebanon and Israel. Do they not see the beautiful people they are destroying, the heart-ache that is being felt, the lives are being that are being ripped apart. And it makes me think of my neighbours and the people around here that I call my friends. This is not the first or the last time that evil will hurt people. In fact it is this evil that has forced my neighbours to flee the homes they love and move here to a country they are strangers. It almost seems hopeless to see the pictures and hear the stories. But then I look out at the kids at Kids club tonight. I see children who have lived a life so foreign to me. I see mothers and fathers watching their children from a distance, who have experienced more than I can imagine. And then they smile and laugh and love and I am reminded that beyond these evils are people who just want to be at peace, people who want to be with family and laugh with friends. Tonight I am reminded that although there is much evil there is a beautiful resiliency to the human soul...

So tonight let's pray...

5 Comments:

Blogger Trev and Rebekah said...

Dana, You are very good with words. You are great at discribing your feelings and putting them into words. Thanks again for sharing your heart. I hear where you are coming from.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dana dear. Thanks for the reflection. It is accurate, from my perspective. Though I have only experienced some strife and pain (not a lifetime of it as others have) peace and perseverance, or resilience, are desires that I can identify with. We know there is a peace that can bring resilence in the midst of life's most awful moments. I guess sharing that with people is why you and Erica live at Appleby Dr.
May your life be like a lighthouse to your neigbours.
Love Joan

12:29 PM  
Blogger Amy Smith said...

Dana...... update your blog.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Princess Warrior said...

That's beautiful. I did some canning of apples and I am hoping to make some crab apple jelly when i go back to the farm. I still want to get together with you two and do this. Would the weekend of the 26th work or even a weeknight?

6:39 PM  
Blogger Myriam said...

Dana - you free tomorrow night? I thought maybe we could go for the chocolate buffet... I miss you like the dickens! Although I agree with Amy!
love ya

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home