Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Time to write some more...

Well, it's been a while since I wrote, but you know that feeling when you have a bunch of stuff swirling around your head and don't know how to put it into words, and don't really feel like putting the energy into doing so... that's how I've been feeling. Caught in between wanting to get out of this 'funk' (for lack of better word) and kinda liking the fact that I can wallow for a while. I don't even know what I'm 'wallowing' about really...

Don't get me wrong, there is much to love about life, and in fact I have just had a couple of wonderful days, but I'm feeling all around restless. Like something big needs to change. When I get like this I start to think about travelling. I have this new dream now to take a bike trip in a foreign country. I have these thoughts that I would kinda train and ride a stationary bike lots this winter and then take off to Africa or something and go on a week long bike trip along the coast of south africa, or somewhere wonderful like that. I just think it would be so wonderful and you would see so much that you miss when you are speeding by in a car... hmmm... just a dream for now... or I start dreaming about settling down with someone I love, (who? your guess is as good as mine, and if you're guessing you might as well through those guess's my way cause all my guess's are ending up wrong...) and making a home and dreaming together and really being in love. Really isn't it funny how a restlessness within you can make you shift between, 'oh I want to fall and love and settle down' to 'oh i want to run away and travel the world'. Hmmm... two thoughts that are so opposite... weird.

On a different note there seem to be a few new things going on around here which somewhat settles the restlessness for spurts of time. I bought a new car (well, not new, but new to me, and I love her!), I got a new hair colour (which I have say might be my old hair colour soon cause I'm not particularly sold on it), my dear friend Sarah Jane and my old friend Rachelle are moving in together and they are coming here to this wonderful neighbourhood, so slowly but surely we are building community, and I am back to work full time now and really enjoying it. I do really love that place...

So there's an update on me.... I must go to bed now... talk to you later...

6 Comments:

Blogger brendo said...

do the bike trip. biking is the best way to see any place except the mountains...and death valley. I don't think I would have enjoyed Cuba as much if we hadn't done it that way. good idea!

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dana, Dana You read my mind. My restlessness makes me drift between the same 2 as yours!! Except my travel have no desires to be on a bike! Love ya!

Lisa

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guess is Bob.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachelle Williams?

1:11 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Ya, Rachelle Williams... and who are you anonymous??? But better yet, who is bob, haha...

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I'll say is that I'm not Bob..I just made him up. ;) Apoligies.

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home