Sunday, January 22, 2006

Bigger than me...

So today I was in church and had this revelation that life is much bigger than me. It was a familiar lesson that I have learned many times in my twenty-four years. And yet, it's one of those lesson's I so easily forget. I get so caught up in me, what I want to do, what I need to do, what I dream about, what I have, what I don't have. Lately it's been all that 'me' talk and much more in my life. But there I was standing in the front of the church on the worship team. I almost feel guilty getting up there and singing when I know my heart has been miserbly far from Jesus lately. But none the less there I was and we began singing 'I stand in awe of you'. It was requested by a man I vaguely know in my church. All I really know of him is that he has cancer right now. So we're singing away and all of a sudden I look to the back and there is Mr. M with his hands held out, singing these precious words and standing in awe. Tears welled up. I was inspired by this man who was in love with Jesus. No cynical questions, and bitter judgements, just awe struck love. So there up on stage in the middle of a song I've sung a million times I learned a lesson I'm sure to learn a million times. I realized that life in not about me, it's about love and Jesus and being in awe and in love. I get so cynical and selfish and question so much of what's around me. But what is it like when you face death straight on. When you know that Jesus is that close to you. What is it like to stand in awe in the midst of pain. So there you have it. I learned it again, and I'm sure I'll learn it again and again in the course of my years.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica R said...

Hello my Dear,

You have got to love serving God in ministry - it truly makes hypocrites of us all. Yes, I am a mighty good pharisee... I guess that is what makes grace even more hard to understand.

Anyway - I love you muchly - see you soon.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home