Saturday, November 18, 2006

In celebration for my 34th post!!!

Well, I just feeding reading Erica's tribute to her 100th post and I thought to myself, hey that's a good idea I'm going to do it. But when I looked to see how many posts I've written it was mere 34... So I thought to myself, why must we wait for the milestones, like 100, to celebrate. Can I not just celebrate 34? So that's what I'll do celebrate that this is the 34th post, the last was 33 and the next will be 35.... wow....

34 things that I, Dana Barrand, love and appreciate...

1. my mom, what a woman!
2. my sis, even when we are cranky together, i know we'll still be friends
3. appleby -what would life be if I were not here?
4. kids club
5. famers market
6. organic yogurt
7. journalling using words and drawings and pictures
8. prayer rooms
9. travelling
10. Africa
11. babies
12. baking banana bread with cranberries
13. erica, amy, dana, wendy, sj, lisa, sarah... you know I would not know what to do with myself with out you girls...
14. dreaming about what could be with my life
15. njema, majok, nabol, and athok
16. picking people up at the bus stop
17. eating chinese food at christmas
18. gardening
19. eating stuff from my garden
20. when erica calls me a 'hippie' as well as when she calls me 'fernie'
21. taking pictures
22. airports
23. work
24. the people i work with
25. high school memories of walks around Dalmeny
26. meeting new people from other countries
27. eating delicious meals with dad, linda, and lindsay
28. knowing i risked and did what i needed to do
29. riding my bike
30. canoeing down the river and dragging my feet in the water
31. broadway theater
32. eating at fun restaurants like saba's, ee burritos, and the like
33. the internet - what a nerd i am
34. the ocean

well, I'm having fun with this so I'm going to keep going...

35. public speaking
36. memories or granville island and taking pictures in 'dana'
37. dreaming of being a real 'hippie' someday
38. the pursuit of being a good soup maker
39. watching foreign movies, or movies with a message
40. ywam, mcc, bethany - the places that have helped to shape me
41. hammocks
42. growing herbs, even though they generally end up dying
43. my grandma (and grandpa too)
44. my grey jogging suit that I wear all the time when I am home
45. visiting with Shirley
46. learning new things about the world
47. the hope of falling in love
48. the fringe and other fun festivals in the summer
49. summer time in saskatoon
50. the sound of skates on a skating rink
52. when erica makes me supper
53. amy's mirror creations
54. my colombian family - rosa, caro, and gloria
55. empanada's and limonade from gloria
56. the dream of wanting to make a photography coffee table book
57. dreaming of travelling to far away places and seeing more of this world
58. freedom in worship
59. deep conversations in the evening
60. burning candles
61. cuddling up in a blanket and watching a girly movie
62. organic section of the super market
63. blog stalking
64. sleeping under the christmas tree with my sister
65. being with people
66. the occational night alone, with burning candles, quiet music and my journal
67. painting - if I feel so inspired
68. hanging out with simon and matthew

the end - i believe i doubled my intended 34, but after a while it gets fun and I start to think about all the lovely things of life...

Here's to another 34 more posts!!!! cheers....

3 Comments:

Blogger jupo said...

hey i love blogstalking too! (hence, me, reading your blog so sneakily)
thanks for the reminder to love life. i think i've been forgetting how lately.
-julia

4:17 PM  
Blogger matty said...

yay! number 68! (assuming I am matthew!) happy birthday!

8:45 AM  
Blogger andrew + camille said...

i am gonna come and read your archives sometime and get to know you better!! it was so grand to see you and your girls last night at young adults ~ i am really glad you guys are coming out! be blessed!

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home