Saturday, December 23, 2006

people who know you...

Merry Chritmas everyone...

Just had a lovely evening with friends from home last night. Wendy had a little party full of food and people at her house for the second year in a row. It was really just great to get out in the country and visit with 'home people'. I was thinking about how unusual it is that we all get together and have stayed in touch so much, and how much I really do love those people. From what I see not too many people do that when they have been out of school for so long but there's something kinda special about it. I think deep down inside most of us would love to all move back to Dalmeny and live the quaint, small town life, but out journey's have all taken us to all very different places. So as much as I think loving home is awesome and as much as I truly do love the place I came from, i was also having a wonderful chat with Matthew and we were both saying how it also makes life a bit more complicated. It makes our hearts pull in more than one direction when we are deciding on love and life and how we would like our lives to look. It's crazy cause really, when it all comes down to it you want people who know you around you. People who understand and care. And that's what 'home people' are, people who know you and love you. So I don't even know what my point with this whole thing is. My mind is still just thinking about all Matthew and I talked about last night. All I know is that I've gotta believe that God has some sort of big plan, cause sometimes certain things just don't make sense to me... haha, this isn't a very merry christmas message is it? Sorry, merry christmas everyone. I hope these next few days bring time to sit and be and love and be loved and to just know that there is a bigger plan that we have no idea about...

8 Comments:

Blogger matty said...

hooray for the bigger plan! now if only we can realize it...merry christmas and happy birthday dana!

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cuz Dalmeny and Saskatoon are just so, so different and far away from each other...

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you on "home People." I guess I feel that way about "Bethany Friends." Glad you had a good time with friends. You are on a journey and you never know where God will take you. Just follow his lead-Rebekah Friesen

3:10 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

who write that anonymous comment???

2:11 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

and by write I mean wrote, haha...

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just seemed like you were being a bit of a drama queen in the last post...sorry...
Anonymous

9:56 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

but for real... who are you? cause really if you are going to comment on my drama queenness than you should say who you are??

8:22 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Dana is entitled to write whatever she wants in her blog. If you are not mature enough to leave your name don't leave comments.
- dana p

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home